Friday, May 6, 2011

Michaela Mae

Michaela Mae was born December 18th, 2010.  She was diagnosed with ALCAPA (anomalous left coronary from the pulmonary artery) on March 18th, 2011, and she had open heart surgery on that same day.  I am her Mommy Ashley. Her Daddy is John, Sister Jaydalee, and Brother Jacob.  This is the story of her and our family. 
Michaela stayed in the UNC Chapel Hill Children's Hospital for 38 days.  30 of those days were spent in the PICU, and 8 in the CICC.  I spent every night and day in the hospital by her bedside.  I spent countless hours trying to find other stories to find hope in.  Michaela's condition is 1 in 300,000.  Unfortunately for me this meant it was hard to find the information I wanted, and even harder to find someone with the same story to reach out to.  This is for the mother in the hospital looking for the story of hope against all odds.  I will serve as an advocate for my child, and every CHD angel before and after my daughter.  I will be an advocate for research and a voice of hope here.
This is in honor of My Daughter and every CHD child ever born or unborn.

Please bear with me while I try to daily update my blog to where I want it to be, and the purpose I want to serve. Thank you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment